What is Link Crew
about 1 year ago
- Link Crew is a high school transition program that welcomes freshmen and makes them feel comfortable throughout the first year of their high school experience.
- Built on the belief that students can help students succeed, this proven high school transition program trains mentors from the junior and senior classes to be Link Crew Leaders.
- As positive role models, Link Crew Leaders are mentors and student leaders who guide the freshmen to discover what it takes to be successful during the transition to high school and help facilitate freshman success.
- More and more studies show that if students have a positive experience their first year in high school, their chance for success increases dramatically.
- Link Crew provides the structure for freshmen to receive support and guidance from juniors and seniors who have been through the challenges that high school poses, and understand that the transition to a larger school can sometimes be overwhelming.
- Link Crew is a year long transition program with four components that contribute to its success:
- High School Orientation - Link Leaders and freshmen start building the mentor relationship and freshmen receive information about how to be successful in high school
- Academic Follow Ups - Link Leaders support freshman academic success and character development through structured classroom visits
- Social Follow Ups - Link Leaders and freshmen connect outside the classroom at social events to increase student engagement, and promote positive school climate
- Leader Initiated Contacts - Link Leaders connect with their freshmen on a more individual basis
- Link Crew is the high school transition program that will increase attendance, decrease discipline referrals and improve academic performance at your school.